Complete Waivers and Lesson Welcome Packages
There is always work to be done, projects and to-do lists around the barn. Graham is always open to those who can volunteer and help us out. All of our events would not happen if it weren’t for the wonderful help of volunteers. Even if you do not have horse experience, we can use your help!
- Because we are a 501c3, volunteer hours at GEC usually count toward school volunteer/community service hours
- We welcome Veterinary Interns and College Internship Programs
Requirements for Volunteering
- Our liability waiver must be completed prior to participating in volunteer activities. If you are under the age of 18 you must have a legal guardian complete and sign the liability waivers on your behalf. Please email [email protected] directly with concerns.
- If you wish to volunteer for openings that involve horse handling or working in the fields with the horses, volunteers and chaperones must take our Safe Horse Handling Course
- The Safe Horse Handling Class costs $25, or it is offered free of charge to volunteers after 20 hours of volunteer service is complete
- You can register for the Safe Horse Handling Class here if you are new to GEC. If you are an existing client please use your normal Vcita login
Barn Chores and feeding (these shifts are weekday mornings only)
- Must be 16 years old to volunteer without a parent/guardian
- Ages 10-15 may volunteer if accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 – there really is no ‘light’ work to be done, hence the lower age limit
- To volunteer for feeding, you must first volunteer for barn chores a few times (you need to learn which horses stalls are where first)
- Volunteers for feeding must be approved by the Barn Manager or Assistant Barn Manager
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Some of our events have positions that do not require horse handling experience or training. Roles such as the activity table/helping with waivers at Horse Discovery Days and concessions table at Jumper Shows are examples
- Our signups always have requirements listed so be sure to read them before you sign up for something
Interested? Search through our open sign-ups below and be sure to add yourself to our volunteer mailing list.
We are now selecting one volunteer from the signup genius volunteer sheets per month with an online raffle tool to win your choice of the following prizes:
$40 Fandango gift card ~ $40 Amazon Gift Card ~ $40 gift card to Mamma Mish’s Homemade Dishes~ $40 gift card to Das Bierhalle ~ 1 group lesson (existing students only)
Signups for volunteer opportunities that earn *Graham bucks* are not included in the raffle (lesson helpers, camp helpers) – going forward we will indicate on the signup if it is eligible for this raffle.
*Graham Bucks are available to current students only*
GEC can’t do what we do without our dedicated volunteers – we appreciate you!