GEC is a non-profit organization. Learn more
Summer Horseback Riding Camps
If you are looking for Day Camps click here.
GEC offers day camps and week long summer camps throughout the year. Camp activities include horseback riding lessons, demonstrations from local professionals (Vets, dentists, farriers…etc) and educational games/activities. We ask all participants bring plenty of their own drinks to stay hydrated all day, as well as lunch and a change of clothes.
When: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday – Friday. *Early drop-off or late pickup can be arranged for an extra $15 for AM or PM, or $30 for both.
Cost: $400, $200 deposit is required to reserve a space. The balance is due prior to the start of camp.
Payments may be made via check or cash. We also accept credit cards with an additional $5 processing fee.
Space is limited – be sure to reserve your space early!
2018 Summer Camp Schedule
June 18 – June 22 – All experience levels
July 9 – July 13 – Advanced Camp
July 23 – July 27 – All experience levels
August 6 – August 10 – All experience levels
August 20 – August 24 – All experience levels – This week is full! Registration is closed.
Q: What age children can come to camp?
A: We accept chidren age 6 and up.
Q: What to send with your child?
A: Lunch, water to last through the day, sunscreen, and a change of clothes.
Q: What should your child wear?
A: Long pants (jeans, breeches, leggings), closed toe shoes with a heel (no sneakers, sandals, flip flops). Rain boots are ok. Some water activities are included so swiming suits, towels, and plastic storage for wet clothes are encouraged.
Q: Who do I make a check out to?
A: GEC or Graham Equestrian Center – please be sure to write ‘Summer Camp’ and the camp date on the memo line.
To sign up:
- Verify that space is available for your selected date using the Camp Interest Form below.
- Submit the completed forms (GEC Welcome Packet and GEC Summer Camp Registration) AND your deposit:
- Mail to GEC, Attn: Camps, 10301 Harford Road, Glen Arm MD 21057 OR
- Drop forms AND payment off at the farm in the lockbox located on the left side of the smaller cinderblock building on the left side of the driveway, next to the office sign OR
- Email the completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how and when you will submit payment in that email
- Mail in your final payment (address above) before the day of camp or bring it with you on the day of camp.